[opennms-discuss] How to graph disk space utilization with Grafana
paisano
2017-06-30 17:18:04 UTC
OpenNMS 20.0.0
OpenNMS Datasource for Grafana 2.1.0
grafana-4.3.1-1

How does one graph disk space using the OpenNMS data source for grafana?
The absence of meaningful documentation and examples for using the data
source makes even basic tasks like this a lot more difficult than they
should be IMHO.

I created template variables $node and $disk which have the correct values
and here are the metrics I tried:

This results in the following error:

Any clues for the clueless?

Thanks

paisano
2017-07-06 11:50:35 UTC
Nobody knows?

Roskens, Ronald
2017-07-06 13:16:22 UTC
Template/Scoped variables might not fully work with the OpenNMS plugin yet. There are a couple of issues/pull requests open for it. https://github.com/OpenNMS/grafana-opennms-datasource/

If you patch the datasource using the changes in https://github.com/OpenNMS/grafana-opennms-datasource/pull/17 does it work for you?

Ron
2017-07-06 19:25:08 UTC
The patched datasource works for me! Thanks Ronald-2.

The next issue I run into is when I select more than one file system I get:

Any idea how to get past this?

Here's the updated metrics:

Thanks!

Ronald Roskens
2017-07-07 01:19:59 UTC
Post by paisano
The patched datasource works for me! Thanks Ronald-2.
<http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/file/n7595727/Capture.png>
Any idea how to get past this?
<http://opennms.530661.n2.nabble.com/file/n7595727/Capture3.png>
Does it work if you remove the labels (ex: $hrStorageUsed) for each of the metrics?

Ron
paisano
2017-07-07 12:07:50 UTC
No, with the labels removed I get the same error as above if more than one fs
is selected. With only one fs selected utilization is always zero. So
evidently the labels are required in order to define the variables used in
the expression.

Ronald Roskens
2017-07-07 15:00:02 UTC
Post by paisano
No, with the labels removed I get the same error as above if more than one fs
is selected. With only one fs selected utilization is always zero. So
evidently the labels are required in order to define the variables used in
the expression.
What happens if you put all variables in the label? i.e: something like $node.$disk.$hrStorageUsed?

Ron
paisano
2017-07-07 18:20:13 UTC
Well I tried every combination of values for the labels I could think of and
none of them worked. They either throw an error or don't produce any graph.