[opennms-discuss] Datacollection and monitor for webservices using authentication tokens
Marcel Fuhrmann
2017-06-09 12:09:14 UTC
Good afternoon,

Is OpenNMS able to collect data from a web services which requires an authentication token? The token has to be requested first to get any data.

Same with poller monitor. Do you have solutions for this?

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend!
Alejandro Galue
2017-06-09 12:16:26 UTC
Hi Marcel,
Post by Marcel Fuhrmann
Is OpenNMS able to collect data from a web services which requires an authentication token? The token has to be requested first to get any data.
Same with poller monitor. Do you have solutions for this?
Unfortunately no without code changes.

The XML Collector can retrieve data through XML, JSON and HML pages with basic authentication (attached to the URL like : https://demo:***@demo.opennms.org/opennms/rest/alarms), but if you have to perform a request to get the token, and then put that token on the header of a second request to retrieve the actual data, we have to change the code. I can see that this would be a very good addition though, so please create an enhancement request on Jira.

Alejandro Galue
***@opennms.org <mailto:***@opennms.org>
PGP Key Fingerprint: 5293 6234 1E75 DF30 7821 1823 87AF 972E DAF8 BE2C