[opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS: July 10th, 2017
Benjamin Reed
2017-07-10 14:44:18 UTC
It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on
various internals and web code.

Github Project Updates

* *Internals, APIs, and Documentation
*

* Jesse improved agent address handling in Trapd.
* Seth worked on upgrading our internal Spring version to 4.3.
* I fixed a bug on generic resource handling.
* Alejandro fixed path-outage clearing to handle event times properly.

* *Web and UI
*

* Markus worked on changes related to accessing ReST code from the
OSGi container.
* Seth did more work on ReST v2, fixing criteria handling for
notifications and outages.
* Markus fixed topology IP search.
* Markus fixed ReST v2 monitoring location DELETE operations.
* Jesse added a modal "alarm details" popup to the Helm UI.
* Markus did other UI cleanup in Helm.
* Jesse worked on integrating the existing OpenNMS Grafana plugin
to Helm.

Upcoming Events and Appearances

*

*Dev-Jam 2017 - Concordia University - July 16th through 21st
<http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration>*

Our annual developers’ conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in
Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus’s
announcement on the OpenNMS blog:
https://opennms.org/en/blog/2017-03-07-devjam-2017

When you’re ready to register, go to the registration page:
http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration

See you there!

*

*OpenNMS Training - Apex, NC - September 11th through 15th
<http://www.opennms.com/training/>*

The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be
September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training
and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page:
http://www.opennms.com/training/

*

*Ohio Linux Fest - Columbus, OH - September 29th through 30th,
2017*

Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in
Columbus. His talk is titled _"A Short History of an Open Source
Business"_ and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that
were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.

For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement:
https://ohiolinux.org/tarus-balog-to-keynote-ohio-linuxfest-2017/

Until Next Week

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to
say hi <mailto:***@opennms.org>.

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

* NMS-9454 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9454>: VMware
provisioning not working anymore
* NMS-9460 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9460>: Fix JSP
issues related to JAXB update
* NMS-9475 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9475>: Document the
logic behind the response time value reported by the SnmpMonitor
* NMS-9493 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9493>: Fix ownership
of users.xml