[opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS: July 5th, 2017
Benjamin Reed
2017-07-05 15:16:59 UTC
It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we did various
internal and web UI work.

Github Project Updates

* *Internals, APIs, and Documentation
*

* Alejandro did more work on improving the logging of events.
* I did a bit more work on fixing up the JAXB bugs introduced in
20.0.0, including adding smoke tests for some of the UI that was
impacted.
* Seth worked on the ActiveMQ support in OpenNMS.
* Antonio fixed more Enlinkd bugs.
* I fixed the |syslogd-configuration.xml| parser to honor
out-of-order ueimatch fields, like Castor did.
* Jesse fixed support for falling back to the default SNMP
configuration for nodes that do not have a location-specific
configuration.
* Seth added support for parameterized SQL in the criteria API.
* Antonio fixed some RANCID bugs introduced as part of the JAXB
changes.
* Jesse worked on changing some handling of RPC JMX requests to
the Minion.
* Seth fixed an issue with lock timeouts in the poller.
* Markus fixed the ReST API to return useful XML or JSON responses
on error.
* Alejandro fixed an issue with clearing path outage alarms.

* *Web
*

* Roman Solomakhov added the ability to search categories in the
topology UI for providers that support it.
* Christian fixed some issues with the Vaadin dashboard and trend
charts.
* Seth did more work on infrastructure related to the v2 ReST API.
* I changed the timespan lists in the KSC reports to render "_" as
a space.
* Antonio improved the layout of shared segments in the topology UI.
* Alejandro added a confirmation before overwriting requisitions
on clone.
* Markus worked on integrating opennms.js into Helm, as well as
adding support for nested conditions.

MC Frontalot's New Music Video

MC Frontalot released a music video on the subject of free software
and open source featuring OpenNMS and Ulf!

Check it out here:

Upcoming Events and Appearances

*

*Dev-Jam 2017 - Concordia University - July 16th through 21st
<http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration>*

Our annual developers’ conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in
Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus’s
announcement on the OpenNMS blog:
https://opennms.org/en/blog/2017-03-07-devjam-2017

When you’re ready to register, go to the registration page:
http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration

See you there!

*

*OpenNMS Training - Apex, NC - September 11th through 15th
<http://www.opennms.com/training/>*

The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be
September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training
and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page:
http://www.opennms.com/training/

*

*Ohio Linux Fest - Columbus, OH - September 29th through 30th,
2017*

Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in
Columbus. His talk is titled _"A Short History of an Open Source
Business"_ and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that
were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.

For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement:
https://ohiolinux.org/tarus-balog-to-keynote-ohio-linuxfest-2017/

Until Next Week

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to
say hi <mailto:***@opennms.org>.

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

* HZN-1066 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1066>: retrieve
alarm info (including filtering/criteria) in OpenNMS.js
* HZN-1068 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1068>: retrieve
event info (including filtering/criteria) in OpenNMS.js
* HZN-1108 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1108>: ReST
endpoints do not handle exceptions correctly
* NMS-5105 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-5105>: collectd does
not unschedule deleted nodes
* NMS-8759 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-8759>: Add category
search provider support to Atlas topology provider
* NMS-9422 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9422>: Event
Configuration Screen Requires Alarm Type
* NMS-9427 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9427>: NPE on Vaadin
Dashboard
* NMS-9441 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9441>: Minion RPM
lays down /opt/minion/debian directory
* NMS-9445 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9445>: minion:ping
does not properly validate JMS broker connectivity
* NMS-9452 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9452>: Improve
logging for EventIpcManagerDefaultImpl
* NMS-9462 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9462>: Minion
requires location-specific definitions in SNMP config
* NMS-9466 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9466>:
IllegalMonitorStateException in Poller ReentrantLock causes polling
to stop
* NMS-9471 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9471>: NPE discovery
bridge topology
* NMS-9472 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9472>: AMQP features
broken after Camel upgrade
* NMS-9473 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9473>: Trend graphs:
colors with alpha channel not working in Google Chrome
* NMS-9477 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9477>: RancidAdapter
type mismatch
* NMS-9480 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9480>: Add
parameterized SQL support to Criteria API
* NMS-9481 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9481>: Clone foreign
source requisition overwrites config of other requisition without
any hint or warning