[opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS: July 17th, 2017
Benjamin Reed
2017-07-17 15:07:59 UTC
It's time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on
various internals and web code.

Github Project Updates

* *Internals, APIs, and Documentation
*

* Jesse fixed maskelement matches for events
* Jesse worked on a project to provide alarm correlation
* Seth worked on upgrading Karaf to 4.1
* Ronny worked on AsciiBinder documentation infrastructure
* Alejandro fixed varbind matching of events

* *Web and UI
*

* Seth did more work on alarm endpoints in the ReSTv2 API
* Alejandro made it possible to associate foreign sources and IDs
with events sent through ReST
* Markus worked on a bunch of BSM and topology issues
* Dustin worked on GraphML topology status propagation
* Markus worked on OSGi ReST support
* Markus made an outage-based node status calculator
* I added support for ack/unack/escalate/clear of alarms in OpenNMS.js
* Jesse added support for handling alarm sticky and journal memos
to OpenNMS.js, and added support for displaying them in Grafana

OpenNMS Horizon 20.0.1 (Korben Dallas
<http://fifth-element.wikia.com/wiki/Korben_Dallas>) Released

OpenNMS Horizon 20.0.1 was released last Monday. It contains fixes
for number of bugs introduced in 20 including a deadlock in polling.

For a complete list of what was changed, see the release notes:
http://bit.ly/opennms-changes-20-0-1

Dev-Jam 2017

Dev-Jam 2017

While I am writing this TWiO, Tarus and Jesse are introducing
Dev-Jam 2017 at Concordia University in Montréal, Canada. Dev-Jam is
our yearly OpenNMS un-conference where everyone gets a chance to
socializer and to work on their own personal OpenNMS projects.

This morning everyone introduced themselves and talked about what
they planned on doing:

* updating packaging (yum/Debian) infrastructure including better
support of upstream PostgreSQL packages
* improved wifi link support in Enlinkd and topology
* improving the opennms.com and opennms.org web sites
* simplifying collection of OCAs
* integrating DigitalOcean and Xen requisition tools
* Spark chat integration
* ReST infrastructure improvements
* discussing how to improve Docker image generation
* grafana dashboard for UPS data
* northbound interfaces for Drools (scriptd-like interface for Alarms)
* a structured data monitor (using the XML collector infrastructure)
* Cisco ACI integration
* OSGi deployment of ReST services
* donut charts on the front page
* rewrite the node list page
* migrate documentation to AsciiBinder
* trigger IFTTT events when alarms change
* porting the Go version of the minion to a new platform

Obviously not all of this will get done in a week, but there are
lots of neat things going on. Stay tuned for cool new features in
OpenNMS Horizon 21.0.0!

Also, Jessica handed out this year's t-shirt, with an awesome design:

Front Back

Upcoming Events and Appearances

*

*OpenNMS Training - Apex, NC - September 11th through 15th
<http://www.opennms.com/training/>*

*

The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be
September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training
and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page:
http://www.opennms.com/training/

*

*Ohio Linux Fest - Columbus, OH - September 29th through 30th,
2017*

Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in
Columbus. His talk is titled _"A Short History of an Open Source
Business"_ and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that
were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.

For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement:
https://ohiolinux.org/tarus-balog-to-keynote-ohio-linuxfest-2017/

Until Next Week

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to
say hi <mailto:***@opennms.org>.

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

* HZN-1061 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1061>: Add an alarms
endpoint to the v2 REST API
* HZN-1062 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1062>: Add support
for perform ticket related actions on alarm
* HZN-1099 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1099>: View the all
of the alarm properties for any alarm displayed in the alarm table panel
* NMS-7309 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-7309>: OpenNMS
ignores signals
* NMS-8305 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-8305>: Intermittent
test failures in *FeatureKarafIT tests
* NMS-8857 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-8857>: Make an
automation to clear pathOutage alarms
* NMS-9133 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9133>: Fix CORS
section to include /api/* besides /rest
* NMS-9365 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9365>: Give a user
the ability to visualise path outages and the status in the topology
framework
* NMS-9449 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9449>: Add support
for retrieving the SNMPv2 agent address from a specific varbind
* NMS-9484 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9484>: KSC reports
broken on upgrade to 20.0
* NMS-9491 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9491>: openNMS
ignores some traps
* NMS-9496 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9496>: Using
maskelements based on nodeID (and maybe other fields) to match event
definition doesn't work