[opennms-discuss] jrb files filled with Zero's
onmstester onmstester
2017-07-08 03:41:05 UTC
Recently some of snmp graphs could not be viewed. I've opened the jrb file with jrobin-inspector and it says that the file does not have a header like

jrb files. The file has a size of 200kb like other (usable) jrbs but Using a hex editor revealed that all of its bytes including the file header are all Zero's!

Unfortunately i have no backup of my data, and I've lost it all.

How can i find out what's been corrupting jrb files? could it be a hardware problem (i've been using a 6 * SSD RAID 1+0) ?

How can i find out which rrd files have been corrupted (there are thousands of them) and delete them to be recreated?

I'm using opennms 16 on centos 6.6.

Thanks in advance

Sent using Zoho Mail
Seibold, Michael
2017-07-10 08:08:29 UTC
Ø How can i find out what's been corrupting jrb files?

I would look for one of the rrd utilities, by example to export rrd data, and check if they return some usable error code when they open a corrupted file.

Ø could it be a hardware problem (i've been using a 6 * SSD RAID 1+0) ?

In about ten years of using different opennms versions on different *x-systems I never observed this problem, even with "classical" disks when they had block errors. So yes, it might be some hardware error, but I really don't know.

-Michael