[opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS: June 13th, 2017
Benjamin Reed
2017-06-13 17:37:43 UTC
It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we worked on
various internal and web UI changes.

Github Project Updates

* *Internals, APIs, and Documentation
*

* Antonio worked on more Enlinkd and topology bugs.
* Jesse fixed an issue with thresholding WS-Man collection results.
* Jesse worked on fixing StrafePing on the Minion.
* Jesse did more work on initial Java 9 support.
* Seth did more work on upgrading our embedded Karaf to 4.1 and
our ActiveMQ to 5.14.
* Dustin updated the docs on using the |SSLCertMonitor|.
* Jesse fixed a bug discovered in OpenNMS 20 where secondary SNMP
interfaces were being collected when they shouldn't be.
* I continued my work on a JavaScript API for OpenNMS
<https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms-js>.

* *Web
*

* Craig did a bit more work on the alarm alert browser support.
* Markus converted the location field of the SNMP configuration
page to a select box.

OpenNMS Horizon 20 Released

OpenNMS Horizon 20 was released last week, with tons of minion
updates and a lot of other changes. For a complete list of changes,
see the release notes: http://bit.ly/opennms-changes-20

Also note, Horizon 20 has finished our conversion to processing XML
with JAXB, and some files that previously worked may need to be
modified to be well-formed. As we get reports from users about
pitfalls they run into, we'll document them in the wiki upgrade
guide: https://wiki.opennms.org/wiki/Upgrade_Guide:_19_to_20

Upcoming Events and Appearances

*

*Dev-Jam 2017 - Concordia University - July 16th through 21st
<http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration>*

Our annual developers’ conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in
Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus’s
announcement on the OpenNMS blog:
https://opennms.org/en/blog/2017-03-07-devjam-2017

When you’re ready to register, go to the registration page:
http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration

See you there!

*

*OpenNMS Training - Apex, NC - September 11th through 15th
<http://www.opennms.com/training/>*

The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be
September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training
and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page:
http://www.opennms.com/training/

Until Next Week

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to
say hi <mailto:***@opennms.org>.

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

* HZN-950 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-950>: Fix
WarnChecksumPolicy warnings on startup
* HZN-1065 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1065>: detect server
capabilities in OpenNMS.js
* HZN-1079 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1079>: Upgrade the
jar, source and assembly Maven plugins
* NMS-8093 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-8093>: Privilege
Escalation Bug with Grafana Plugin
* NMS-9265 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9265>: Topology Map
ip like search produces duplicates
* NMS-9291 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9291>: Logging for
TCP output queue
* NMS-9303 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9303>: Remove unused
events and event definitions
* NMS-9327 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9327>: Installation
issues with OpenJDK JRE
* NMS-9349 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9349>: VMware
Provisioning Error
* NMS-9379 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9379>: Improved
visualization for large trees with the Hierarchy Layout
* NMS-9381 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9381>: Erroneous
outages/failures triggered when stopping OpenNMS
* NMS-9386 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9386>: Breadcrumb
for requisitions has extra “/app” in path
* NMS-9387 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9387>: Increase
default connection timeout for HikariCP
* NMS-9390 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9390>: OpenNMS won’t
start after upgrade