[opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS: June 26th, 2017
Benjamin Reed
2017-06-26 16:07:23 UTC
It’s time for This Week in OpenNMS! In the last week we did various
internal and web UI work.

Github Project Updates

* *Internals, APIs, and Documentation
*

* Ron Roskens added documentation about collection resource types.
* Brynjar Eide fixed a bug in scanning SNMP devices with missing
IP-MIB::ipAddressIfIndexentries.
* Jesse did more work on Java 9 support.
* Antonio squashed more topology and Enlinkd bugs.
* Jean-Marie Kubek improved test support for RADIUS by using an
internal tinyRadius server.
* Markus did more work on changing our provisioning code to store
requisition information in the database.
* Alejandro fixed events to log in a more useful fashion.
* I worked on cleaning up a number of things broken by the JAXB
changes introduced in 20.0.0 (including the thresholding and KSC
report editors).
* Jesse fixed a bug in Collectd not properly handling node,
interface, and service deleted events.
* Jesse added v2 (FIQL) support to the JavaScript API for OpenNMS
<https://github.com/OpenNMS/opennms-js>.

* *Web
*

* Markus fixed an issue with the dashboard loading properly.
* Markus added an API to expose OpenNMS web UI navigation info to
ReST clients.
* Seth worked on the ReSTv2 APIs more.
* Roman Solomakhov improved topology icon support.
* Dustin made vertex status scriptable in the topology GraphML
provider.
* Markus worked on refactoring the admin UI angular code.
* Jesse and Markus worked on a Grafana-based UI for working with
alarms. (code name: "HELM
<https://github.com/OpenNMS/grafana-opennms-helm-app>")

Upcoming Events and Appearances

*

*Dev-Jam 2017 - Concordia University - July 16th through 21st
<http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration>*

Our annual developers’ conference, Dev-Jam, will be held in
Montreal, Canada this year. For details, please see Tarus’s
announcement on the OpenNMS blog:
https://opennms.org/en/blog/2017-03-07-devjam-2017

When you’re ready to register, go to the registration page:
http://www.opennms.com/opennms-dev-jam-registration

See you there!

*

*OpenNMS Training - Apex, NC - September 11th through 15th
<http://www.opennms.com/training/>*

The OpenNMS Group's next training session in Apex, NC will be
September 11th through 15th. For more details on OpenNMS training
and to sign up, see The OpenNMS.com training page:
http://www.opennms.com/training/

*

*Ohio Linux Fest - Columbus, OH - September 29th through 30th,
2017*

Tarus Balog will be the keynote speaker at Ohio Linux Fest in
Columbus. His talk is titled _"A Short History of an Open Source
Business"_ and will be about the history of OpenNMS, decisions that
were made, problems that were faced, and things we'd do different.

For details, see the Ohio Linux Fest announcement:
https://ohiolinux.org/tarus-balog-to-keynote-ohio-linuxfest-2017/

Until Next Week

If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to
say hi <mailto:***@opennms.org>.

- Ben

Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

* HZN-862 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-862>: Implement
ByteArrayPartitioner to generate partition number to store kafka
messegas for syslog & traps
* HZN-1080 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1080>: The location
field on the SNMP configuration page should be a select box
* HZN-1082 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1082>: Missing
java.xml.bind.* classes when compiling under Java 9
* HZN-1089 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1089>: VMware v6
data collection not working
* HZN-1094 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1094>: Upgrade Camel
to version 2.19
* HZN-1095 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1095>: Use
cxf-xjc-plugin instead of maven-jaxb2-plugin
* NMS-8759 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-8759>: Add category
search provider support to Atlas topology provider
* NMS-9335 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9335>:
* NMS-9351 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9351>: Upgrade
Spring from 4.1 to 4.2
* NMS-9403 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9403>: Add Resource
Types to admin guide documentation
* NMS-9409 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9409>: TCP
persistence strategy should output time in milliseconds, not seconds
* NMS-9414 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9414>: Node Label
Change form Broken
* NMS-9415 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9415>:
NullPointerException during nodeScan on devices with broken
IP-MIB::ipAddressIfIndex
* NMS-9417 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9417>:
RadiusAuthMonitorTest is @ignored as it needs an external radius server
* NMS-9421 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9421>: Possible XSS
in Alarm Filter Favorites
* NMS-9427 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9427>: NPE on Vaadin
Dashboard
* NMS-9450 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9450>: Unable to
"Change Label" of Node
* NMS-9455 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9455>:
BridgeTopology Discovery Mismatch after opennms restart
* NMS-9456 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9456>:
ClassNotFoundException when running vmwarecimquery/vmwareconfigbuilder